Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's back...

So school is back in session and many of my friends may well think I have fallen off the face of the earth for how well I've been keeping in touch lately. Except for Abby, of course, we signed up for all the same classes this semester (intentionally) so I am with her for 6 hours on Tuesdays, 6 hours on Wednesdays, church, and whenever we get together to study! Hopefully, she doesn't get sick of me. :) I am so grateful to have such a great friend to go to class with. Here's a little update on how school has been so far:
1. Our science teacher gave us a huge assignment the first week! We had to read 94 pages of science research articles and write a mini-paper about it due the second day of class! It was pretty grueling and I had to pry my eyes open with toothpicks in the very first week! Arg! I think the teacher was trying to weed-out the no-so-serious students or something!
2. Abby and I chose to do our major math presentation the third week of class so we could get it out of the way and not have to worry about it the rest of the semester. We signed up to be the first presentation. We practiced it on Khyl, Phil, and Becca (thanks for sitting though it guys!) The practice must have helped, because our teacher told us that it was one of the best presentations she had ever seen! Woohoo! Abby and I make a great team! (The rest of the class wasn't so pleased with us for setting the bar so high!)
3. I have 4 3-hour classes each week. It is nice to only have to be on campus twice a week, but it is difficult to sit in class for 6 hours straight!

All in all, my classes have been very interesting, and I am already learning a ton! Since these are my methods classes, they are far more interesting and engaging than some of the other "required" classes I've taken just because I had to.

Only 12 weeks left this time around (but who's counting)... Wish me luck!

6 comments:

The Thompson's said...

Wow! School sounds really busy! I don't know how you do it! I love your header picture on your blog! It is way cute! I started my new job this week and I'm loving it! It's so rlaxing and stress free, and the days just fly by!

Alan and Abby said...

I'm glad you're in my classes, too! I love it!!!

Laura Gilgen said...

Good luck in school .

Miss Niss said...

tell khyl, "miss niss" says hey!

Alan and Abby said...

Hey! I finally figured out the comments thing...so you can leave comments for me now :o)

Diane said...

i LOVE the new picture on top!! it's totally cute... :0)
and i can't believe anissa actually left you a comment!